-->
-->

Salt lake

Helpful information about deserts in Iran like name, introduction, maps, requirements and...

Salt lake

Postby Mehdi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:27 am

Introduction: Salt lake (Persian: دریاچه نمک)It is located by the city of Aran va Bidgol, one of the ancient desert cities of Isfahan province. It was once composed of two separate cities, Aran and Bidgol.

-------------------------------------------------

Walking path length: -

Days of trip: 1 or 2 Days from Tehran to Tehran

Best time to visit: November to March

Daily time visit: No limit, but in summer it is very hot.

Difficulty level: Moderately easy, (night camping with no facilities)

Requirements: Guide or GPS track, water, food, warm and waterproof clothes and tent, satellite phone, headlamp

Legal permission need: No

Overall risk: -

Animal risk: There are few number of wild animals like snake, scorpion which are active in hot seasons.

Lost risk: Yes

Rescue: Yes, you can call 115 but rescue teams need a long time to find you.

GSM Mobile Antenna: No

Hotel: No hotel in the path, just a caravanserai's.

Village: No village in the path.

Shop: No shop in the path, just at the beginning

Gasoline: No gasoline in the path

How to get there:
1- Go to South terminal of buses in Tehran
2- Take a bus ticket to Kashan
3- Get off bus in Kashan (4 hours in bus)
4- Take a taxi from Kashan to Maranjab and salt lake village
5- Start walking
6- Get back by taxi.
7- Get a bus from Kashanto Tehran

Nearest airport: No airport less than 100 km

Nearest train station: No station less than 100 km

Location on map:

Pictures of Salt lake:

More Pictures:
http://www.anobanini.net/forum/showthread.php?1555

http://www.anobanini.net/forum/showthread.php?98
Mehdi
Site Admin

Re: Salt lake

Postby Anjileena » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:07 am

I want to go salt lack to see this great place so I need to just little information about immigrations and law because I know every country have their special law that we follow to live in this country legally so anyone have information about immigration of law in Iran and also have knowledge about apply for visa as visitor. Please guide me…
Anjileena

Postby Fatemeh_abdi » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:07 am

Hi Anjileena,
these links might help you to get some information:
viewforum.php?f=20
viewforum.php?f=17
if you have more questions, please ask them there not continuing here except for relevant questions.
Fatemeh_abdi

Salt lake

Postby Parvaneh » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:59 am

Salt Lake

This lake is actually a part of the salt desert of Iran and located to the east of Qom. It has currently dried and contains rich mineral sedimentation due to a lack of water and gradual evaporation.
This salt desert is surrounded by the provinces of Khorassan, Sistan, Qom, Esfahan and Yazd.
Water flows into Salt Lake only in winter, whereas subsequent evaporation gives rise to a crust of salt in summer.
The region experiences an extremely dry climate and registers a very high temperature shift between day and night. This shift makes the rocks of surrounding elevations crack, crumpling into mounds of sand that are spread far and wide by winds.
Parvaneh
Site Admin

Postby Amya » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:50 am

during a trip of 40 Km you will find the salt lake, calm and white, where no living creature is there except you. You may see the camels on the way and put your feet on the sand hills, and relax, far from all the world. If your guide arrange it you may spend a night at a 200 year-old Maranjab KaravanSara at the dessert, very nice experience.
Amya

Postby Vanessa » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:20 am

Mehdi! Your post is very useful. I like your post. I visited this lake a few years ago. It was a nice experience there. I was there with my friends. We spent a good time there. We felt relaxed at this lake.
Vanessa

Postby Saillia » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:32 am

Parvaneh!I think you have a great travelling interests and have an sufficient information about the spots. Yours provided information is quite helpful for me and the others also who have a plan or who are planning their next trip and have no idea where they visit. Your shared information would be beneficial for there. Now, I will definitely plan my next visit there and after my come back I will definitely share my experience here.
Saillia

Postby ssteven » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:57 am

I must say your collection about tourism is very informative. I have seen your posted images of salt lake I am very excited to visit this place. I visited this region many times along with my family and friends, but never visited this place yet. My recent visit was just about one year ago. I visited Iran’s major attractions and enjoyed a lot. But for sure now again I will plan a trip of Iran and definitely visit this amazing place. :)
ssteven

Postby Saillia » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:25 am

ssteven! You must visit salt Lake, it sound amazing and most famous Turkey lake. It is an ideal picnic spot I came back to it I had a great experience. Lake Tuz is an other name of the salt lake, it is familiar to this name. November to March is an ideal time to visit there you enjoy this lake in in this time period.
Saillia

Postby Parvaneh » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:06 am

Casper wrote:I just came back after completing my Iran trip with my friends. I found this country really beautiful and amazing. We have been there for 3 weeks and this time period is enough to see all the famous attractions of this region. Salt lake is a nice but not so beautiful place to see there.

kindly note that this lake is near Maranjab Desert and Maranjab Caravansera:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=175&hilit=maranjab
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=883&p=1512

and all of them is great for visiting!
Parvaneh
Site Admin

Return to Deserts of Iran