-->
-->

Types of visa

Helpful information about getting visa for iran and...

Types of visa

Postby Gotravel » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:52 am

Entry, Transit, Business, Tourist and Journalist. Fee varies according to nationality of applicant, type of' visa and the existing regulation between countries.
A visa cannot be issued for passports which have a validity of less than 6 months. Exit permits required by all (often included with visa).
Transit visas have a maximum of 10 days.

Transit visas are usually easier to get than tourist visas (usually for one or two weeks) and very useful for people travelling between Europe and South Asia. Various travel agents inside Iran help you obtain visas, often through their home pages.

You can get an extension for your transit visa usually valid for five or ten days, inside Iran easily but once for the same number of days as the original visa.
For foreign drivers carrying cargo to Iran or other countries, it is necessary to co-ordinate in advance with the Diplomatic Missions of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Tourist visas require a passport, an application form, four passport-sized photos, and a special authorisation in the form of a reference number issued by the Foreign Ministry in Tehran.

Extending a tourist visa is very easy and can be done in most cities. Some travel guides say not to do this in Tehran as it is very time consuming. This is no longer the case and the process of extending a visa in Tehran can be done in just 1 hour (including tea offerings and being the object of curiosity in the office). Extending a visa a second time requires the passport to be sent to a department in Tehran (no matter where you extend your visa from) and thus takes longer time than doing this the first time.

Although it has become easier to get a tourist visa in recent years, whether the process takes one day or one month depends largely on your nationality and the staff of the embassy you are applying to. Your best bet is to apply to the Iranian embassy in your own country at least three months before your departure, but it is possible to obtain one while travelling in other countries, with varying degrees of difficulty. Women need to make sure they are wearing the Hijab or a head scarf in their submitted passport-sized photos.

Business visas require a passport, an application form, 4 passport-sized photos, a special authorisation in the form of a reference number issued by the Foreign Ministry in Tehran, and a business letter. Business visas are extendable once, sometimes twice up to two weeks each without difficulty. One extension of one month may also be possible in some cases.

Visitors from the Persian Gulf States need no visa to enter Iran. These states are: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. People from the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Turkey can get a three-month tourist visa on arrival. People from Japan can get a three-month tourist visa at an Iranian embassy with no difficulty.

Places known to extend visas happily in Iran are Tehran, Mashhad, Tabriz, Esfahan, Shiraz, Kerman and Zahedan. The extension process is normally handled at provincial police headquarters.
Gotravel

Re: Types of visa

Postby Anjileena » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:38 am

I want to get visa as Business man because now my study is complete and I want to do job for my bright future so I decide to make my leather factory in Iran because I think Iran is best place to do everything perfect and sufficient work force so now I have little confusion in my mind about applying visa so anyone guide me to apply for business visa for long time and also guide me about immigration of law in Iran.
Anjileena

Postby Barbara J. Stephens » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:12 am

I want to get the visit visa of Iran,because I would like to see Iran not business like but as a tourist.So if any one have information about the visit visa of Iran,so plz reply me because I like this place from my childhood and hope to see and enjoy the every place of Iran...
Have you ever been travel to new york knoxville in bus http://www.getbusticket.com/new-york-ny-to-knoxville-tn.html with this bus service?
Barbara J. Stephens

Postby Pardeep_02 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Thanks for this information. I am delighted to gain this information about types of visa.
Pardeep_02

Postby saeid » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:41 am

Anjileena wrote:I want to get visa as Business man because now my study is complete and I want to do job for my bright future so I decide to make my leather factory in Iran because I think Iran is best place to do everything perfect and sufficient work force so now I have little confusion in my mind about applying visa so anyone guide me to apply for business visa for long time and also guide me about immigration of law in Iran.

hey ,i'm living in iran now, i think you dont have to get any visa to work here,and there are different business opportunities in iran
saeid

Return to Iran Visa