-->
-->

Kish island

Helpful information about islands and beaches in Iran like name, introduction, maps, requirements and...

Re: Kish island

Postby Cherie Boyce » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 am

Is this all real photos of Kish island ?
I am interested in snorkeling, when i am go there but i have no experience of snorkeling yet. Is it any snorkeling school or club who will help put to do this at Kish Island ?
I enjoying when i go indianapolis to nyc in bus with http://www.getbusticket.com/indianapolis-to-new-york.html
I always booked my ticket in advance online.
Cherie Boyce

Postby Parvaneh » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Cherie Boyce wrote:Is this all real photos of Kish island ?
I am interested in snorkeling, when i am go there but i have no experience of snorkeling yet. Is it any snorkeling school or club who will help put to do this at Kish Island ?

Is this all real photos of Kish island ?

yes all of them! in Kish Island there are many Diving School and club have the similar service like as snorkeling:

Eskuba Club:

Tel: 09122784525 to 09347699952
Email: diverios@yahoo.com

Seaman Club:
Phone: 09347691106 to 07644459299
site: www.seamanclubkish.com

Dariush Hotel
Phone: 09121725376 Address: Hotel Darius
site: www.diversdown.ir email: info@diversdown.ir

Kish Diving Center
Phone: 09347693246 to 07644422757
Site: www.kishdivingcenter.ir
Parvaneh
Site Admin

Kish Island: Cradle of Peace and Comfort

Postby Parvaneh » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:56 am

Kish Island: Cradle of Peace and Comfort

Kish is one of the most beautiful islands of the world.

Spread over 90 square kilometers, Kish has a unique and beautiful nature. The sandy beaches and pristine sea make it possible for us to see different types of aquatics in its waters, IRIB reported.

The evergreen flora creates a unique and eye-catching scene, turning this island into a top destination for ecotourists and has one of the lengthiest coastlines in the world.

Its coastline is among the safest in the world and the sharks, which are seen at times close to the island’s coastline, only eat small fish and pose no threat to swimmers.

Among the attractions of this area, the underground Kariz City is of paramount importance.

Kariz

Kariz is home to one of the most ancient and largest underground water ducts that date back to more than 2,500 years.

It had previously provided the drinking water of the island’s residents. The city is situated 16 meters below the surface and its ceiling is eight meters high.

The ceiling is covered with sand pebbles and sea shells which, according to experts, date back to 570 million years.

The soil of this city has therapeutic effects. Hence, experts believe Kariz can be enlisted among the global heritage sites.

Currently, stalls displaying Iranian and global handicrafts, traditional and modern restaurants, an amphitheater, a museum, a conference hall and art galleries are present in the city.

Cargo Ship

One of the other attractions is the remains of a large cargo ship that has run aground on the coastline and is popularly known as the Greek ship.

This freighter weighs 7,061 tons and has a 136-meter length. It ran aground along the southern coastline in 1966 during its voyage toward Greece.

The ship has drawn the attention of tourists, who pose for photographs before it.

Jahan Road

Jadde-ye Jahan is a road surrounding Kish Island. Alongside this road, 25 plots of land have been allocated for the display of artworks.

Jahan is a symbol of the bond between the culture of Iran and the world. This road has provided access to the intact nature of this island in its southern and western regions.

Ecotourists can observe the beautiful coastlines, floras and wildlife alongside this road.

Other Attractions

Baghou is an ancient oasis situated southwest of Kish. Currently, it is home to a few families, who are engaged in farming.

Its fertility is known to the locals. There is a forested region in this oasis.

On the southeastern corner of island, another forested region exists.

The exhibition of reptiles is another site that draws the attention of a large number of tourists.

More than 100 types of reptiles are on display in this exhibition. The python of Africa and Amazon forests, iguanas of Madagascar, black scorpions of Africa and large spiders of Brazil are reptiles that are on public display.

Kish Island is the cradle of peace and comfort. Sport lovers and ecotourists can spend a highly pleasant time on this pretty island.

Visitors bask in the sunrise and freshen up by swimming in the pristine waters of the Persian Gulf at Kish Island.

It is also home to recreational and sports facilities that appeal to all.

Water skiing, jet skiing, scuba diving, rowing, fishing, parachuting, horse riding, cycling, marksmanship and traveling to the depths of the waters with a submarine are available to all those who visit this island.

The warm waters of Persian Gulf and its scenic nature with helicopters undoubtedly bring about sweet memories.

Tourists can select their places of residence in line with their financial capability. Hotels, guesthouses and villas have been constructed across the coastlines, with the restaurants offering a wide variety of dishes for their customers.

Kish is a blend of rich Islamic-Iranian culture and every visitor to this island is warmly welcomed by the hospitable locals.

Source: Iran Daily
Parvaneh
Site Admin

Postby Parvaneh » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:11 am

Parvaneh
Site Admin

Postby Parvaneh » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:11 am

Parvaneh
Site Admin

Postby Parvaneh » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:14 am

Parvaneh
Site Admin

Postby Barbara J. Stephens » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:38 am

One of the most beautiful Asian islands.Have a party out there and enjoy swimming and a lot of fun out there.I would like to go to Kish Island in my summer vacations with my friends.I hope we have a great chill and enjoy on this island.Its a lovely place.Boating and sea life view are also amazing.I like it.
Have you ever been travel to new york knoxville in bus http://www.getbusticket.com/new-york-ny-to-knoxville-tn.html with this bus service?
Barbara J. Stephens

Postby Parvaneh » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Parvaneh
Site Admin

Postby Parvaneh » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:02 am

Geographic location, Topography, and Climate

Kish island has a surface area of 91 square kilometers, with an outer boundary of 40kms, and a nearly elliptical shape. It is located in the Persian Gulf 19kms from mainland Iran. The Island is positioned along the 1359km long Iranian coastline north of the Persian Gulf, at the first quarter from the Hormuz entrance to the Gulf. Its longitudinal and latitudinal positions are 2632 and 53.58 degrees respectively. The Island is 15.45kms long from west coast to the east coast. (the distance between Mariam mogheyat-joghrafia.jpgComplex and Hoor field). Its maximum width extending from the southern shorelines to the northern shorelines is 7.5kms. (the distance between Gomrok Port and the lighthouse.) The island's surface is flat, lacking mountains or even high hills. Kish International Airport is built in the center on an elevated area 35-40 meters from the sea level. Its highest surface inclination extends from the airport to the shores near Shayan hotel.

Climate, Nature, and Geobotany

Kish, like the other Persian Gulf Islands, especially the islands in the Strait of Hormuz, is located on a narrow strip of tropical vegetation in the Northern Hemisphere, with the Persian plateau to the north and the Arabian Peninsula to the south. In addition to its special geographic and climatic attributes, Kish Island, like other nearby islands, such as Farrow, Hindorabi, Shatuar and Lavan and even Gheshm, is under the sway of the semi-equatorial climate dominating this band of vegetation.

The Weather

Since vital climates are influenced by the combined effects of rainfalls and humidity and are measured by the ratio of the size of annual rainfalls in millimeters to the degree of temperatures is less than 2 to 1. According to this measure, Kish's climate is considered to be a very dry semi equatorial climate. For an 8 year span of time, the median annual rainfall in Kish has been 145mm (54% in winter, 28% autumn and 14% in summer) and the annual temperature 26.6 Celsius. The relative atmospheric humidity in Kish makes it like a sea island except in cold seasons. The humidity is about 60% most of the year. In the months of October to April, Kish's weather is mild, ranging between 18 to 25 Celsius. The statistical data in the Kish free zone's archives show that the island's temperature varies form very hot to moderately hot, accompanied by relatively high humidity often interspersed by heavy rains of short durations in certain seasons. With the exception of some southeastern coastal areas and a few other islands in the Persian Gulf, Kish Island has the longest sunny hours in the region which is roughly 3100 hours a year. Based on climatological classification and general weather conditions and nearness to the Tropic of Cancer and exposure to high tropical pressure system and being in the midst of hot and shallow waters, the island tends to be hot and humid most of the year.
Parvaneh
Site Admin

Kish The Coral Island

Postby Parvaneh » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:05 am

Kish Beaches

The coral beaches of Kish sparkle in the sunlight. This is something, which the sandy beaches of many jazebe1.jpgresort areas around the world do not offer. The seawater near the beach is crystal clear and one can see the bottom of the sea up to a far distance. This is, of course, due to the corals around the island, which purify the water.Relative to its area, Kish has one of the longest beach stretches. Unlike the crowded beaches elsewhere, the beach here is a relaxing and peaceful place. The fish and other marine life in the coastal waters of Kish are very unique. Visitors loose track of time when watching these species which are easily visible. At the same time, the best quality edible fish is caught here. The coastal waters of Kish are among the safest in the world. There are no sharks and swimming is totally safe. Tourists can use this beach and enjoy the sun and water all year round.

Parvaneh
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Islands and Beaches of Iran