-->
-->

Gahar lake

Helpful information about lake and lagoons in Iran like name, introduction, maps, requirements and...

Gahar lake

Postby Mehdi » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 am

Introduction: Gahar lake (Persian: دریاچه گهر)is located in the slopes of the Oshtoran Kooh Mountains, is the permanent sweet-water lake of the upper and lower Gahar. This lake obtains its water from melting snows of the mountains, thus forming into a lake behind the mountains. The length of the main lake being 1.5 km. and the average breadth 600 m. The area it is recorded approximately 100 hectares. A variety of flora and fauna can be observed here, turning the surrounding area of the lake into a wonderful park.

-------------------------------------------------

Walking path length: 27 km (17 ml)

Days of trip: 2-3 Days from Tehran to Tehran (Without heavy traffic you need 6-8 hr driving from Tehran to Dorood and then to end of the road. Also you need 2 days to see the lake.
Attention: In holidays there is heavy traffic in all roads around Tehran.

Best time to visit: May to October

Daily time visit: No limit, but in summer middle of the day maybe hot

Difficulty level: Moderately difficult

Requirements: Guide or GPS track, water, food, warm and waterproof clothes and tent, waterproof shoes, satellite phone, headlamp

Legal permission need: This lake located in Oshtran Kuh protected area, so you must check before your trip. however in most of the time your do not need.

Overall risk: The path of this lake is not safe for small group.

Animal risk: There are a few number of wild animals like bear, wolf and leopard in this area. But no human attack has been reported.

Lost risk: Yes

Rescue: Yes, you can call 115 but rescue teams need a long time to find you because there is no road there.

GSM Mobile Antenna: There is a BTS near the lake, so in most of the time Yes

Hotel: No hotel near the lake

Village: No village near the lake

Shop: No shop near the lake

Gasoline: No gasoline near the lake

How to get there:
1- Go to Baihaghi or south terminal of buses in Tehran (more info)
2- Take a bus ticket to Dorood
3- Take a taxi from Ardabil to end of the road to Gahar lake
4- Start hiking (13-14 km)

Nearest airport: No airport less than 100 km

Nearest train station: No station less than 100 km

Location on map:

GPS elevation profile:

Pictures:

More pictures:

http://www.anobanini.net/forum/showthread.php?3633

http://www.anobanini.net/forum/showthread.php?3646
Mehdi
Site Admin

Re: Gahar lake

Postby Parvaneh » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:36 am

Parvaneh
Site Admin

Postby Barbara J. Stephens » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:41 am

I prepare plan to visit this lake because in this pic i realized the beauty of this lake that's why i make plan to visit but i am not well aware about the specialty of the lake any one tell me the specialty of this lake?
Have you ever been travel to new york knoxville in bus http://www.getbusticket.com/new-york-ny-to-knoxville-tn.html with this bus service?
Barbara J. Stephens

Postby Vanessa » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:53 am

Barbara J. Stephens! Gahar Lake is in rich in natural beauty. You should go there. It’s acquired its water from the mountain snow. You can enjoy here its natural beauty and park. It is a great source of pleasure. Many tourists visited this lake every year. I hope you will enjoy here.ImageImage
Vanessa

Postby jimmy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:11 am

Last edited by jimmy on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimmy

Postby Saillia » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Gahar lake is situated in the Oshtoran Kooh Mountains. It famous among the tourist due to permanent sweet water. There are two lakes with 100 meters,divided in to lower and upper lakes. The lower lakes is larger than upper. Its a sandy lake that is best for the swimming.
Saillia

Postby ssteven » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:48 am

I like this post so much and now I will plan a trip to this place. Your information will be very useful for me. I agree to jimmy posting of pictures are really good. I must say Mehdi your shared information is really good for other tourists from all over the world.
ssteven

Postby Vanessa » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:48 am

Yes you are right ssteven! The Mehdi has shared a useful post for all tourists especially those who never visited this region. I have been visiting it almost three years ago. I had spent a great and unforgettable time. Its magical beauty gives peace and soothing effects to its visitors. I would love to visit it again in future. Have you ever been to Iran?
Vanessa

Postby Malachi » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:03 am

Parvaneh! You shared awesome images. That is very helpful for those who do not visit gorgeous Lake. After see that images; everyone can easily plan for Gahar lake trip. Every member shred very useful information. I have decided to visit this lake next week. Anyone can provide information nearest hotel or resort of this place?
Want to go to [url=http://www.getbustours.com/1-day-washington-dc-after-dark-tour.html]washington after dark tour[/url].
Malachi

Postby Saillia » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:47 am

Malachi! I have visited the Gahar lake it is an ideal for the climbing, hiking and mountaineering. It is an ideal for the adventure lovers. But unfortunately there is no hotel in the nearby. You must select the nearest village for stay. I stay with my uncle's home which is close to the lake.
Saillia

Next

Return to Lakes and Lagoons of Iran