-->
-->

Hiking in Iran - Iraq border

Questions and Answers in your trip to Iran

Hiking in Iran - Iraq border

Postby JJ-12 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:47 am

Hi there,
As you know some years ago 3 american hikers arrested in iraq border and They were accused of being spies. I am planning to travel Kurdistan of Iran and I am concerned about my safety. Is it safe now to travel along borders ? any advice appreciated.
JJ-12

Re: Hiking in Iran - Iraq border

Postby Shahram » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:15 am

JJ-12 wrote:Hi there,
As you know some years ago 3 american hikers arrested in iraq border and They were accused of being spies. I am planning to travel Kurdistan of Iran and I am concerned about my safety. Is it safe now to travel along borders ? any advice appreciated.

Hi,
hiking along border (especially east and west borders) are not recommended. these are smuggler passages and Iraq and Afghanistan are in war conditions. If you you want to visit these areas please follow normal passages thorough roads and hire a local guide and ask for their advice.
Shahram
Site Admin

Re: Hiking in Iran - Iraq border

Postby Cherie Boyce » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:58 am

I think you need to discus with your travel firm. If you are there on your behalf then contact any Iran's hiking school or academy.
They will teach you and provide you all hiking gadgets. They also bring you on safe area or border for your this desire.
Don't do that on your behalf it could be dangerous.
I enjoying when i go indianapolis to nyc in bus with http://www.getbusticket.com/indianapolis-to-new-york.html
I always booked my ticket in advance online.
Cherie Boyce

Return to Questions and Answers in your trip to Iran