-->
-->

Independent travel to Iran

Questions and Answers in your trip to Iran

Independent travel to Iran

Postby Sandi » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:40 am

I am traveling with a male friend to Iran next month visiting Tehran, Persepolis, Shiraz, Isfahan, Yazd.

We are hoping to travel independently rather then in an organized tour. I was wondering how easy or difficult it is to travel in Iran.

We are male and female and would like to know if we will experience problems when checking into hotels.

Can we share a room if we are not married or will we have to have separate rooms?

Is it easy enough to book buses/trains/internal flights when we get there, or will we have to book in advance.

Are we likely to have problems with transport and accommodation if we do not speak Farsi?

Any advise is much appreciated.
Sandi

Re: Independent travel to Iran

Postby irantravel » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:58 am

Sandi wrote:I am traveling with a male friend to Iran next month visiting Tehran, Persepolis, Shiraz, Isfahan, Yazd.

We are hoping to travel independently rather then in an organized tour. I was wondering how easy or difficult it is to travel in Iran.

We are male and female and would like to know if we will experience problems when checking into hotels.

Can we share a room if we are not married or will we have to have separate rooms?

Is it easy enough to book buses/trains/internal flights when we get there, or will we have to book in advance.

Are we likely to have problems with transport and accommodation if we do not speak Farsi?

Any advise is much appreciated.

Traveling between Tehran - Shiraz - Isfahan and Yazd are very easy .

You can simply get your ticket when you arrive to Bus terminal any time.( tehtan to esfahan 5.5 H driving - Esfahan to shiraz 6.5 H) but if you wish to travel by plane you might find difficulty in finding open seat in the same week and you need piror booking .

I defintly recommand you to travel on bus between tehran and esfahan. it is cheap ( approx. $5 ) and buses are in great conditions.

male and female can not share hotel rooms in iran unless they show certificate that they are relatives.

you will not face problem but make sure that you know how much is the taxi fare for each root to avoid the scams .
irantravel

Re: Independent travel to Iran

Postby Cherie Boyce » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:07 am

In my point of view, These all are easy and good. you can get bus, train ticket's on their stop or stations.
May be face some problem in air tickets if open seats are not available. Five start and four star hotels are not asking any question four you room sharing. you will share your room with your friends male or female both.
I enjoying when i go indianapolis to nyc in bus with http://www.getbusticket.com/indianapolis-to-new-york.html
I always booked my ticket in advance online.
Cherie Boyce

Return to Questions and Answers in your trip to Iran