-->
-->

airport / gestures

Questions and Answers in your trip to Iran

airport / gestures

Postby Guido » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:37 am

Hi,

I know there are some banks at the airport like bank Mellat where I can change money to Iranian rial. Are there also some private exchange offices, where I can get a better rate (=market rate) than the official exchange rate at the banks?

There are also some rumours, that a hotel directly at the airport is under construction. Any updates?

Nearly all over the world "thumbs up" is a gesture for approval or to show "everything is OK". As far as I know it's a rude gesture in Iran. Are there any other common gestures as an alternative to say "OK" non verbal?

Guido
Guido

Re: airport / gestures

Postby Parvaneh » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:49 am

Guido wrote:Hi,

I know there are some banks at the airport like bank Mellat where I can change money to Iranian rial. Are there also some private exchange offices, where I can get a better rate (=market rate) than the official exchange rate at the banks?

There are also some rumours, that a hotel directly at the airport is under construction. Any updates?

Nearly all over the world "thumbs up" is a gesture for approval or to show "everything is OK". As far as I know it's a rude gesture in Iran. Are there any other common gestures as an alternative to say "OK" non verbal?

Guido

It is better for you to exchange your money in currency exchange location in the cites.
construction is not yet completed.
your information is right. Don't worry about other gesture.For saying OK you can move your head down.
Parvaneh
Site Admin

Return to Questions and Answers in your trip to Iran