-->
-->

Trekking at the Caspian Sea

Helpful information in Tourism of Iran.

Trekking at the Caspian Sea

Postby Birko » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Hello,

I am 25 years old and from Germany.

I will arrive at the 13th of October in Teheran and I directly want to start hiking at the Caspian Sea. Iwould say I have a medium fitness, but I am not very experienced in hiking, so I think an easy or medium trek would be good. Walking für >6h should be no problem for me.

I want to go on my own or maybe with somebody else. So I think carrying food for 2-3 days should be fine, it would be great if there would be a place after 2-3 days where I can refill the food. All in all I want to go trekking for about 7-10 days.

I read a bit about the Gilan area and thought about going to some of these places: Alamut Valley, Gazour Khan, Garmaroud, Pich e bon, Maran?, Darjan?, but on the other side I also want to see Masuleh and Talesh if its possible.

So I dont know if there is a nice route between these place or if its better to go hiking around Alamut for about 1 week and after this drive to Masuleh and Talesh?

I read that there wont be people in the area, why is this is so? What weather should I expect? Is there any possibility to find a nice route where I cann refill the food after 2-3 days? Is it possible to find water on the route?
I really like the fotos with the wide steps, the mountains and so on...

After my time at the Caspian Sea I want to see Yazd, Isfahan and Shiraz. But I am very free with this plan. Maybe I want to go hiking a bit in the area around Shiraz.

It would be great if you give me some information about trekking routes in Gilan, Alamut Valley or near Talesh.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards from Germany, Alex
Birko

Re: Trekking at the Caspian Sea

Postby Parvaneh » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:10 am

Birko wrote:Hello,

I am 25 years old and from Germany.

I will arrive at the 13th of October in Teheran and I directly want to start hiking at the Caspian Sea. Iwould say I have a medium fitness, but I am not very experienced in hiking, so I think an easy or medium trek would be good. Walking für >6h should be no problem for me.

I want to go on my own or maybe with somebody else. So I think carrying food for 2-3 days should be fine, it would be great if there would be a place after 2-3 days where I can refill the food. All in all I want to go trekking for about 7-10 days.

I read a bit about the Gilan area and thought about going to some of these places: Alamut Valley, Gazour Khan, Garmaroud, Pich e bon, Maran?, Darjan?, but on the other side I also want to see Masuleh and Talesh if its possible.

So I dont know if there is a nice route between these place or if its better to go hiking around Alamut for about 1 week and after this drive to Masuleh and Talesh?

I read that there wont be people in the area, why is this is so? What weather should I expect? Is there any possibility to find a nice route where I cann refill the food after 2-3 days? Is it possible to find water on the route?
I really like the fotos with the wide steps, the mountains and so on...

After my time at the Caspian Sea I want to see Yazd, Isfahan and Shiraz. But I am very free with this plan. Maybe I want to go hiking a bit in the area around Shiraz.

It would be great if you give me some information about trekking routes in Gilan, Alamut Valley or near Talesh.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards from Germany, Alex

Dear Birko,

Iran has the beautiful landscape especially for tracking.for example you can see some of them as below:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39&p=39

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2&p=2

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7&p=7

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=308&p=519

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=70&p=73

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3&p=3

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1131&p=1954

regarding Masouleh:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=944&p=1609

kindly consider:
1-Each topic and especially the best time for each one.
2- As you know the nature has own changes and risks thus a local leader can help you very much regarding the water sours and springs and alternative routs in the bad weather and food and village in the route....
3-Select the routs based on your fiscal abilities.

i hope you have a nice trip in Iran.
Parvaneh
Site Admin

Postby Birko » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:04 pm

Thank you Parvaneh! The fotos really look beautiful. I am really looking forward to be in Iran
The problem is, that most routes on wikiloc or on this forum are very short, but I am looking for a route taking about 7 days.

Can you help to create a route with the villages I mentioned above? Or do you have other ideas? What do you think which area has a better landscape, the alamut valley or near Masuleh/Talesh?

Do you think its possible for me to find a hiking partner here or in Gilan?

It would be nice if you help me planning my route.

Kind regards, Alex
Birko

Postby Mehdi » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:32 pm

Hi man

You right, almost all hiking paths in Iran are short, but you can find 3 or 4 days trip. so simply choose 1 of them and after recharge your food start another one.

I think in your trip time Gilan province is better. Visit Alamut in spring.

Parvaneh sent some of the best hiking paths in Gilan. See and choose. after that we are here to your questions and help planing your trip.

See again:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=70&p=73

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=39&p=39

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2&p=2

Mehdi.
Mehdi
Site Admin

Postby Birko » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Thanks Mehdi!

Its quite difficult for me to choose one of these routes, because they all like fine. Maybe I describe what I am looking for:
I like wide landscape and some hills, small villages. Masole - Masal forest definetely looks fine! But I cant find ,,Masole" on Google-Earth. How do you spell it in English?

So maybe there is a route where I can see a nice landscape, hills and not so much forrest? Maybe I cann connect some of these routes with Masuleh?

Thanks for the advice with Alamut. Do you think its worth visiting Alamut, go hiking to Piche-e-bon and Maran and than to Gilan?

What do you think about the area around Talesh?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards, Alex
Birko

Postby Parvaneh » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:04 am

Birko wrote:Thanks Mehdi!

Its quite difficult for me to choose one of these routes, because they all like fine. Maybe I describe what I am looking for:
I like wide landscape and some hills, small villages. Masole - Masal forest definetely looks fine! But I cant find ,,Masole" on Google-Earth. How do you spell it in English?

So maybe there is a route where I can see a nice landscape, hills and not so much forrest? Maybe I cann connect some of these routes with Masuleh?

Thanks for the advice with Alamut. Do you think its worth visiting Alamut, go hiking to Piche-e-bon and Maran and than to Gilan?

What do you think about the area around Talesh?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards, Alex

Please kindly note that Masouleh-Masal route is very beautiful ans in first and second day you can see the mountain and hill and nice landscape and in third day you can see the jungle.i mean you have all of them together!

for masouleh information and its location on Map:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=944&p=1609

Kindly note to the different type in Writing on the above topic:masouleh.Masoleh,Masole....
Meanwhile this route is" near" to next your next destination "Masouleh Village".

If you like to see Piche-e-bon and meanwhile you want to have a walking route around here, you can search the Alamut-Sehezar walking route.
Parvaneh
Site Admin

Postby Mehdi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:52 am

Birko wrote:

Not worth, just i think it's more beautiful in spring.

Any way,
Almost in all of these hiking path it is better use local guide.
Mehdi
Site Admin

Postby Birko » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:31 pm

Hello,

thank you for your ideas!

Parvaneh wrote:Kindly note to the different type in Writing on the above topic:masouleh.Masoleh,Masole....
Meanwhile this route is" near" to next your next destination "Masouleh Village".

So, this means its alle the same?
Masouleh-Masal route definetely looks good. I think I will do this! Are there any river crossing or something like that?

When I arrive in Masal, what would you suggest? Should I go on hiking in Masal (maybe to Anzali) or would you go near Talesh? I think I would prefer to do a fix distance by hiking.

Mehdi wrote:

Thank you Mehdi! Why would you advise this? Where are the difficulties?

Thank you all for your patience!
Birko

Postby Parvaneh » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:26 am

Birko wrote:Hello,

thank you for your ideas!

Parvaneh wrote:Kindly note to the different type in Writing on the above topic:masouleh.Masoleh,Masole....

So, this means its alle the same?
Masouleh-Masal route definetely looks good. I think I will do this! Are there any river crossing or something like that?

When I arrive in Masal, what would you suggest? Should I go on hiking in Masal (maybe to Anzali) or would you go near Talesh? I think I would prefer to do a fix distance by hiking.

Mehdi wrote:

Thank you Mehdi! Why would you advise this? Where are the difficulties?

Thank you all for your patience!

-Yes of course there are different Pronunciations of one word.
-Yes you have rivers on the route especially in third days.
- My recommence:1-Visiting Masouleh 2- Masouleh-Masal walking route 3-Khalkhal-Asalem walking route.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2&p=3953
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1129&p=1885

About the difficulties: kindly note the weather in autumn is very Variable.therefore be careful. also as mentioned above:
"As you know the nature has own changes and risks thus a local leader can help you very much regarding the water sours and springs and alternative routs in the bad weather and food and village in the route..."
Parvaneh
Site Admin

Return to Tourism in Iran