-->
-->

Hijab

Helpful information about Do & Don't in iran and...

Hijab

Postby Shahram » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:13 pm

"Hijab" or "ḥijāb" (/hɪˈdʒɑːb/, /hɪˈdʒæb/, /ˈhɪ.dʒæb/ or /hɛˈdʒɑːb/; Arabic: حجاب‎, pronounced [ħiˈdʒæːb] ~ [ħiˈɡæːb]) is a veil that covers the head and chest, which is particularly worn by a Muslim female beyond the age of puberty in the presence of adult males. It can further refer to any head, face or body covering worn by Muslim women that conforms to a certain standard of modesty. It not only refers to the physical body covering, but also embodies a metaphysical dimension, where al-hijab refers to "the veil which separates man or the world from God”. Hijab can also be used to refer to the seclusion of women from men in the public sphere. Most often, it is worn by Muslim women as a symbol of modesty, privacy and morality.

More information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab
Shahram
Site Admin

Re: Hijab

Postby ssteven » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:10 am

I must appreciate your work your shared information is really useful for all tourists around the world. I visited iran many times yet. but always having a confusion about what to do and where. i always keep thinking is it legal or not. ? i decided to visited there in my next vocations because it always offers me something new to explore. Any other tips regarding to my next tour, which could be beneficial for me.
ssteven

Return to Do & Don't in Iran