-->
-->

Get around by bus

Helpful information about transport in iran and...

Get around by bus

Postby Gotravel » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:06 am

The Iranian domestic bus network is extensive and thanks to the low cost of fuel, very cheap. In fact the only drawback is speed: the government has limited buses to 80 km/h to combat lead-footed bus drivers so long haul trips such as Shiraz to Mashhad can take up to 20 hr.

There is little difference between the various bus companies, and most offer two classes: 'lux' or 'Mercedes' (2nd class) and 'super' or 'Volvo' (1st class). First class buses are air-conditioned and you will be provided with a small snack during your trip, while second class services are more frequent. Given the affordability of first class tickets (for example rials 70,000 from Esfehan to Shiraz), there's little financial incentive to opt for the second class services, especially in summer.
You can buy tickets from the bus terminals or ticket offices up to a week in advance, but you shouldn't have a problem finding a seat if you turn up to the terminal an hour or so before your intended departure time.

Most cities operate comprehensive local bus services, but given the low cost of taxis and the difficulties of reading Persian-language signs (which, unlike road signs, do not have English counterparts) and route numbers, they are of little use to the casual traveller. If you're cash strapped and brave enough to try, however, remember that the buses are segregated. Men enter via the front or rear door and hand their ticket to the driver before taking a seat in the front half of the bus. Women and children should hand their ticket to the driver via the front doors (without actually getting on) before entering via the rear door to take a seat at the back. Tickets, usually around 500 rials, are sold from booths near most bus stops. Private buses accept cash instead of tickets. There is also rechargeable credit ticket cards accepted in buses @ metro stations (in Tehran since 2012 paper tickets are no longer accepted in buses).

West Terminal of Tehran

Gotravel

Re: Get around by bus

Postby Parvaneh » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:16 pm

The information Passenger Terminals

http://www.rmto.ir/en/Documents/PassengerTerminals.pdf
Parvaneh
Site Admin

Re: Get around by bus

Postby Barbara J. Stephens » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:52 am

I have no such idea of the bus tour in Iran because i can not travel through the bus but one of my friend go to the tour of Iran but he not come back when he will come back i will share to you the experience of the bus tour in Iran...
Have you ever been travel to new york knoxville in bus http://www.getbusticket.com/new-york-ny-to-knoxville-tn.html with this bus service?
Barbara J. Stephens

Return to Transport in Iran