-->
-->

Rent a car? or similar (land rover)

Helpful information about transport in iran and...

Rent a car? or similar (land rover)

Postby camelus » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:54 am

Good morning,
I would like to visit some parts of Rig-e-Jenn desert and other zones near Teheran. I would like to travel with my old Land Rover from Italy (actually I live in Croatia and have car with croatian plates) all down to Iran, but it is a very long trip, and much more expensive than airplane.
Is there a chance to "rent" a car there? from some PRIVATE person and/or a agency?

1) may a foreing citizen drive a car with Iran plates, with his international driver licence?
2) can you help me to find a 4x4 car? like an old land rover?

thanks!
franz
franz / camelus adventure expeditions
camelus

Re: Rent a car? or similar (land rover)

Postby Mehdi » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:14 am

camelus wrote:Good morning,
I would like to visit some parts of Rig-e-Jenn desert and other zones near Teheran. I would like to travel with my old Land Rover from Italy (actually I live in Croatia and have car with croatian plates) all down to Iran, but it is a very long trip, and much more expensive than airplane.
Is there a chance to "rent" a car there? from some PRIVATE person and/or a agency?

1) may a foreing citizen drive a car with Iran plates, with his international driver licence?
2) can you help me to find a 4x4 car? like an old land rover?

thanks!
franz

Welcome to this forum sir,
Of course it is possible to renting a 4x4 car in Iran; just I’m not sure about renting without driver. Maybe you must rent a car with driver.

I have some friends, and i can connect you to them. just send me (in a private message) itinerary of your trip to choose on of them.

Mehdi.
Mehdi
Site Admin

Postby camelus » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:27 am

Thanks su much !!!
franz / camelus adventure expeditions
camelus

Postby Barbara J. Stephens » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:09 am

Dude land rover is best choice for the tourist because in Iran areas are hill roads are better and i think rover is best for these types of areas its capacity is also good as compare to the car...
Have you ever been travel to new york knoxville in bus http://www.getbusticket.com/new-york-ny-to-knoxville-tn.html with this bus service?
Barbara J. Stephens

Return to Transport in Iran